Wednesday, July 9, 2014

RHM picks for classes to take at the Amazon Summit NY

Right Handed Monkey is going to be at the New York Amazon Summit 7.10.2014!

I'm very excited to spend this time getting to know more about the Amazon platform and meet other startups and entrepreneurs in the area.  Let's do this, people.  Leave a comment if you're interested in meeting up at one of the social events.

My picks for the Amazon Summit 2014:


1. Deploy, Manage, and Scale Your Apps with OpsWorks and Elastic Beanstalk


Why: I picked this class because I want to learn about scaling my current system and what tools are available to make it grow.  Plus I want to make sure when I am programming a site that I do it in a way that is compatible with scaling (ie. Beanstalk.).

2. Scaling on AWS for the First 10 Million Users


Why: This is a given.  Everyone wants to know how to scale up their software so it can support as many users as possible.

3. Updating Security Operations for the Cloud, presented by Trend Micro


Why: Originally I considered 'Managing an Enterprise Class Hybrid Architecture', but the truth is I'm not managing mega-sized legacy infrastructures and won't be anytime soon.  My sites are lean and have simple needs, but may have to scale fast.  Plus my sites get lots of weird hits and spam from places like Russia and China.  Some extra security won't be that bad of an investment.

4. Building Mobile Apps on AWS


Why: Because, you had me at mobile.

5. AWS Summit Social and AWS Activate - Networking & Social Event for Startups


Why: Get to meet at greet the brains behind the organization.  

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment